Seed Library at the Greenville Public Library
We’ve Started a Seed Library!
How Does It Work?
- The Seed Library is housed in an old library card catalog.
- Patrons may visit the library and select up to 5 packets of seeds per visit.
- Seeds are arranged in alphabetical order.
- Check out your seeds at the Circulation Desk.
- Grow your plants and enjoy the harvest.
- Save seeds from your harvest and consider returning some to the Seed Library at the end of the growing season.
Do you have any seeds you want to share?
- We’re accepting donations of seeds for flowers, vegetables and herbs that are less than 3 yrs. old.
- Loose seeds should be donated in a sealed plastic bag or envelope.
- To donate, please fill out the Seed Donation Form available at the Circulation Desk in the Library. Provide information such as name of plant, color & variety, annual or perennial & harvest year.
Our Seed Library is About …
- Encouraging our community to dig in and garden.
- Reconnecting our community to the traditions of growing tasty, healthy food.
- Creating a free and reliable local seed collection at our Library for the community.