Seed Library at the Greenville Public Library – 2023 Seed Library Now Open
With Spring just around the corner it’s time to start planning this year’s garden! We are pleased to be able to offer our 2nd annual seed library to our community! Our seed library provides a way to start growing food and flowers for free, simply stop by and check out the seeds that you would like. We are offering a wide variety of seeds including vegetables, herbs, and flowers! We would like to thank everyone who donated seeds making our seed library possible!
How Does It Work?
- The Seed Library is housed in an old library card catalog.
- Patrons may visit the library and select up to 5 packets of seeds per visit.
- Seeds are arranged in alphabetical order.
- Check out your seeds at the Circulation Desk.
- Grow your plants and enjoy the harvest.
- Save seeds from your harvest and consider returning some to the Seed Library at the end of the growing season.
Do you have any seeds you want to share?
- We’re accepting donations of seeds for flowers, vegetables and herbs that are less than 3 yrs. old.
- Loose seeds should be donated in a sealed plastic bag or envelope.
- To donate, please fill out the Seed Donation Form available at the Circulation Desk in the Library. Provide information such as name of plant, color & variety, annual or perennial & harvest year.
Our Seed Library is About …
- Encouraging our community to dig in and garden.
- Reconnecting our community to the traditions of growing tasty, healthy food.
- Creating a free and reliable local seed collection at our Library for the community.