Job Openings – Part-Time Library Clerks
The Greenville Public Library is looking for 2 part-time library clerks. Filling position one first than position two. Clerks perform a variety of library circulation and clerical procedures with a strong customer service focus.
- Performs all circulation desk duties, including: Check materials in/out/renew materials, reserve materials, collects fines.
- Performs all opening/closing procedures in work area/public areas.
- Assists patrons who want to borrow and return library materials.
- Issues library cards according to established procedures.
- Attends to all circulation problems in a professional and timely manner. This includes but is not limited to processing overdue notices, expiring patron records, and outstanding holds.
- Responds to general information requests by telephone and in person.
- Contact patrons to deliver messages or information on library materials.
- Utilize library resources such as databases, reference materials, and the Internet to supply needed information.
- Performs basic cataloging functions.
- Operation of library equipment.
- Shelving and shelf maintenance, providing computer assistance, as well as other duties related to the operation of the library.
- Any other routine tasks as assigned by the library director.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent required.
- The job requires attention to detail, ability to work independently and with others,
have ability to multi-task, and most importantly strong customer service skills.
- Computer skills.
- Prior library experience a plus, but not required.
- The physical condition to bend to floor level, lift and carry books.
- Ability to learn Dewey Decimal system, automated circulation system, library policies and procedures.
Position One: must be willing to work Mondays 9:00-5:00, Tuesdays 9:00-6:00 and Wednesdays 9:00-5:00 (may vary) Position Two: must be willing to work Thursdays 12:00-6:00, Fridays 9:00-5:00 and Saturdays 9:00-12:00 (may vary) Both with flexibility to cover other shifts as needed. Send résumé: Email: email@example.com; Mail: Greenville Public Library, Attention: Director, PO Box 8, Greenville, NY 12083; Fax: 518-966-4822. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.